Thursday, March 10, 2011

Can it be....... SPRING?!!!!

Oh! I do so love chinooks! Today, it got up to a wonderful +8C, and I did some errands with a vest on, but just t-shirt sleeves. If this keeps up, I will be less desperate to leave to go somewhere warm! I can almost hear the robins now!!!!

In the meantime, next weekend the Gallery will be hosting a theme show called, "The Theme is Green". Today I picked up two different bouquets that hopefully will inspire me to capture their wonderful spring essence on paper. A bouquet of white stargazer lilies, and a mixed bunch featuring hydrangea (purple) and a type of allium flower. Combine that with white daisies, carnations and mini green mums, and ta-dah! Beauty. We'll see if my muse is with me in the next couple of days.

I'll try to post my works in progress.

In the meantime, it's back to catching up on my Strathmore Papers Journaling class. Lynn Blinn is the guest instructor this month, and I am really enjoying her ideas!

Here's a link to the free workshops that Strathmore Papers is hosting:

http://www.strathmoreartiststudio.com/



Ok, it's time for me to go and "create". Hope you are working on something interesting as well!

No comments: