Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Creative Wellspring Has Burst!

Wow! Three letters that don't really express how incredible I feel right now! I began an on-line course with Misty Mawn on Saturday, November 14, 2009 (Painting Layers) and let's just say, ..... something finally clicked!

I have been playing with mixed media for about 6 years now, but things just didn't fall into place in a manner that I was satisfied with. Suddenly, something has broken through, and thanks to Misty's "teaching style", and timing, I suppose, I am beginning to feel so much more comfortable with this "layer" work. I have been doing variations of layering with my watercolours, but the transparency does not yield the same results as acrylic.

Misty has also introduced us to so many other things. Polyvore, for example. I just uploaded one of the collages that she suggested we might try to play with. It is a good exercise in design. She, of course, is a design pro! Did I say she was amazing?

If you google her, Misty Mawn, you will find all sorts of amazing links about her.

OK, it's 1:38 am. Since the weekend course began, I've been getting to bed at 2:00 and 3:00 AM!!!!

Gotta go! Get CREATING EVERYONE!

No comments: