Monday, December 1, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Wow!  Chinooks!  Love them.  It went up to 14C this afternoon.  Can you believe it?  December 1st, in Alberta.  I took full advantage of the weather and drove up to Swinton's Art Supplies today to get the things I needed to continue with my creative experiements.  It's hard to believe that right now, 5 hours later, it's snowing heavily, and it's -2C.  Well, I guess we'll have a white Christmas for the Santa Claus parade this Friday night.  It will all add to the magic of the evening parade....  I love the glowing lights, the bundled up townsfolk, the Christmas carols.  It's just so magical and festive.

I've decided to do my Christmas cards tomorrow instead of today.  It'll be perfect.  White, wintery and cozy inside.  I'm looking forward to working some magic on the envelopes this year, trying out some more of my calligraphy techniques and tools.  I'm also going to wrap most of the presents I got for some of my friends.  I wish I had the time to make everyone one of my monoprint cards.  Instead, I'll try to send them something in the New Year.  In the meantime, I have a Birthday Party to get the place ready for, and some commissions to get under way!

Never a dull moment.

And so, I wonder what YOU are doing, whoever you are, fellow journey-mate in the year 2008.

Merry Christmas!  May your days be creative and alive with the excitement of this season of giving!

Annie

No comments: